Thursday 26 February 2015

DIY Tumblr notebook


Since I was a little girl I have always been pretty crafty. In the kindergarten I was the lonely kid that always sat in the corner and draw princesses. Later in school I spend my time sewing small monkeys, pencil cases, pillowcases and decorations. A couple of years ago I even made baskets out of willow and a little chair out of wood. Unfortunately I must say that in the past two years I haven't been as creative as I used to be.
Most of the time I'm busy with homework, violin and ballet classes, but sometimes in the weekends I get a little bit of time where I can develop my creativity.
Lately I've been pretty obsessed with oh so pretty pictures on Tumblr and We heart it. Therefore I decided to make a notebook cover with Tumblr inspired pictures. The best thing about the notebook cover is that you actually can switch it out if you get bored of it.






You will need:
-Notebook
-White paper
-Pictures from magazines or your computer 
-Scissors
-Glue
-Tape
-Plastic pocket








 Measure your paper and cut it so it's a little smaller than the notebook cover.













Find pictures in magazines or on your computer, print them out and cut them out in squares.















Glue them on your white paper, so it looks like a Tumblr blog.





 


Take your plastic pocket and put the notebook cover inside, so the open part is on top and the closed part of the plastic pocket is at the bottom of the notebook cover.
Then cut the remaining part of the plastic pocket both from the front and from the back. 













Now take your tape and the plastic pocket on the back.












Afterwards put your new notebook cover in-between the plastic pocket and the notebook. Now you are done with your notebook cover.  
     





I hope you liked this little DIY. It's super easy and inexpensive to make, and I love the result.
X
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment