Monday 23 February 2015

And the Oscar goes to...

Since I live in Europe, it's very difficult for me to watch big award shows like the Oscars, Grammys or Golden Globes. Usually I watch the repeat broadcast the next day, but yesterday (or actually today) I decided to change that. I stayed up all night to watch the Oscars and the red carpet. Literally all night since it began 12.00 am and finished after 6.00 am. 
You can say that I had quite high expectations after last years beautiful Oscar dresses. Especially Lupita Nyong'o made a big impression on me with her gorgeous sky blue Prada dress that created an amazing harmony together with her dark skin. Another dresses that I admire from the last years show was Kate Hudson's, Naomi Watts and Cate Blanchett's delightful white/cream dresses. 

This year I must honestly say I was a bit disappointed. Of course there was a lot of beautiful dresses but I didn't find one that took my breath away. Although I have chosen five dresses that I liked the most and five that I didn't like.



_________________________________________________________________________________

5 best

1. Rosmunde Pike (Givenchy)


2. Dakota Johnson (Saint Laurent)


3. Naomi Watts (Armani)


4. Jennifer Aniston (Versace)


5. Sienna Miller (Oscar de la Renta)



_________________________________________________________________________________

5 worst

1. Felicity Jones (Alexander McQueen)


2. Marion Cotillard (Dior)


3. Keira Knightly (Valentino)


4. Chloƫ grace moretz (Miu Miu)


5. Karolina Kurkova (Marchesa)

  
That was my opinion of this years Oscar dresses. I must say that I don't regret my sleepless night, even though the result was migraine the next day. 

X
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment