Sunday 15 March 2015

Alexa's bookclub

I can't hide that I love reading. There is this quote: Reading is dreaming with open eyes. And it's so true. Whenever I'm reading a good book I'm in a whole different world. It's the best way for me to take a break from everything and just think about something different. I love comparing myself to the main character and imagining what I would do. That's why I completely forget the time when I read and also can't stop myself from continue reading the next page (but only if it's a good book ofc). 
I must say that I mostly read young adult novels about teen girls, but sometimes I also pick a book like Stephen King's Under the dome or the 2014 bestseller Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl. So I must say it changes pretty much all the time. 

I my hectic life I don't get so much time to read that I would wish I had. But whenever I have a moment off I love to grab a good book. Whenever I'm traveling I also love to read. Especially on long trips with an airplane, train or with the car. And that bring me to the fact that I'm going to Italy for skiing. We do that every single year so it's kind of a tradition now. And every time we drive through Germany, France, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and Austria, so it's quite a long trip. That's why I love to bring a good book with me.

Here are some of my favorites:
John Green - Paper Towns
Paul Torday - Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
Sophie Kinsella - Confessions of a Shopaholic
Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones
Jane Austen - Pride and prejudice
Kiera Cass - The Selection Stories
Jay Asher - Thirteen Reasons Why
F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
Kathryn Stockett - The Help
John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracel - Let it Snow


And here are some of the books I really want to read:
Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton - Tiny pretty things
Alexis Bass - Love and other theories
Andrea Portes - Anatomy of Misfit
Lisa Genova - Still Alice
Jaye Robin Brown - No place to Fall
Christa Desir - Bleed Like Me
Gillian Flynn - Sharp Objects
Christa Moracho - Althea & Oliver
Chelset Philpot - Even in Paradise
Rainbow Rowell - Eleanor & Park


Have a nice Monday tomorrow!

X
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment