Sunday 19 April 2015

My top saving tips for broke teenagers

Money, money, money
Must be funny in the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny in the rich man's world
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich mans world

Raise your hand if you sometimes(always) don't have enough money to buy your dream Mulberry bag, some lovely Acne jeans or just clothes. People say that money can't buy you happiness (and they are right), but the can for sure buy you a new pair of gorgeous stilettos, which for me is the same.

And trust me I know how it feels to be a poor teenager always dreaming about more money. Therefore I've selected my top tips on how you can save your money and use them on something great - like a new bag.






#1 Food
Where I live the food it horribly expensive - for 1 sandwich at Starbucks I can buy a nice T-shirt in Zara or H&M. Therefore I live buy a rule that's called: The food that you can make yourself, make yourself. Instead of stopping and buying a smoothie or coffee or a sandwich on your way to school, make it at home and bring it with you.  


#2 Job
 I know it's really hard to get a job when you're a teenager. Actually I'm one only people in my friend group who does not have a job yet. Therefore I asked my mom if I can clean at our house once a week in two hours as a kind of a job. And she said yes. Maybe I'm not earning much but if I save the money I will be able to buy my dream come true - A black Mulberry Lily bag in just a few months. So that's definitely a thing you should try to ask you parents if you can "work" for them.    


#3 Don't use it! 
 Another tip is to simply don't use your money. And trust me it can be very hard when you know that you have your Debit or Credit card in your wallet. What I do is that I leave all of my money at home in a box so I don't use it on things I don't need aka impulse purchases.


#4 Water

Don't buy expensive (or inexpensive) bottled water. Instead buy a cute water bottle and bring it with you everywhere you go so you don't have to be in a situation where it's necessary for you to buy bottled water. That way you save money on water and are good for the environment.


#5 Cafe visits with friends
All of my friends including myself love drinking tea or coffee in a nice cafe after school. Unfortunately it's always super expensive - for 2-3 lattes at a cafe I can buy a cute dress or shirt. Again I live by the same rule as in tip #1 - The food that you can make yourself, make yourself. Therefore when my friends ask me if we should go to a cafe after school I suggest that we go home to one of us and make coffee, tea and cake at home instead. In that way I save a lot of money and we always have a great time also when we are just at home. 


X
Alexa

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually pretty good (touch wood) at saving money but I always love reading lifestyle and tips posts like these :)
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete